In honor of earth day today, we thought we would take a look at some of the environmentally friendly models that we carry here at Morrie’s. If you’re looking for a hybrid or electric vehicle option, we’ve got something for you.
1. Mazda doesn’t currently offer any electric or hybrid vehicles but what they do offer is their SKYACTIV system which is central to their long term effort to improve fuel-efficiency as well as reduce emissions. Mazda created SKYACTIV technology by utilizing methods such as idle-stop, regenerative braking systems as well as hybrid technology to further increase fuel efficiency. The 2012 Mazda3 was the first vehicle in the Mazda lineup to receive the new SKYACTIV technologies, which is now available on a variety of different vehicles here on our showfloor.
2. Over at Morrie’s Brooklyn Park Nissan we have quite the impressive lineup of environmentally friendly vehicles, starting with the Nissan Pathfinder Hybrid, which is available in 2-wheel, and 4-wheel drive options, and uses a 2.5-liter 4-cylinder engine and an electric motor paired to a lithium-ion battery. For more information on this vehicle head over to our website and check it out.
3. Staying within the same family we have the Nissan Leaf which stands for Leading, Environmentally friendly, Affordable, Family car. This electric hatchback features a front-mounted synchronous motor powered by a lithium ion battery pack, which delivers up to 120 horsepower. Click here for more information on the Nissan Leaf. Or stop our Brooklyn Park location today.
4. Last year at the New York International Auto Show Subaru introduced their first ever hybrid variant of the popular Crosstrek XV, and Subaru drivers couldn’t have been more excited. We were live in NY to capture all the excitement. The beautiful new XV Crosstrek hybrid is the lowest-emissions, most fuel-efficient All-Wheel Drive hybrid crossover in America. Make sure to stop by Morrie’s Brooklyn Park or Morrie’s Minnetonka Subaru to take one for a no-hassle test-drive!
5. Both Morrie’s Minnetonka and Buffalo Ford have you covered when it comes to hybrid vehicles. Ford initially developed the C-Max Hybrid with the aim to become “America’s most affordable hybrid utility vehicle. This vehicle features a 2.0L 4-Cylinder engine mated to an electric motor with a lithium-ion battery bringing you a total power output of 188 hp. A Ford C-Max
6. The Fusion Energi is another plug-in hybrid and was officially debuted at the North American international Auto Show in 2012. The Fusion Energi uses the same 2-liter 4-cylinder engine supplements as the 2013 Fusion Hybrid to assist the electric motor and produces a total horsepower of 195 with a fully charged battery and has a top speed of 85 mph in electric mode.
7. Last but definitely not least from Ford is the Fusion Hybrid. This gasoline-electric hybrid is the perfrect option for the environmentally concious consumer and was rated the most efficient midsize hybrid sedan in the U.S. as of September 2012. Stop by and check out any of these Ford models at either Minnetonka Ford or Buffalo Ford!
8. The Hyundai Motor Group introduced the Sonata Hybrid in 2011. The current model is equipped with an electric motor that can run up to 62mph and lithium-polymer battery. The vehicle is also backed up with a 2.4 liter, four-cylinder engine. This beautiful vehicle definitely deserves a closer look, so stop by and check one out at Morrie’s 394 Hyundai.
9. Kia also came out with a hybrid variant of their top selling Optima. The Optima Hybrid saves owners money at the pump and gives them a smaller carbon footprint, all while delivering design, comfort and performance. This model uses the same drivetrain as the Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Powertrain, which we mentioned above. The 2.4L engine with a 6-speed transmission is paired to a lightweight lithium battery allowing the vehicle to travel up to 62 mph in electric mode.
10. Cadillac just introduced the final production version of their first electric vehicle, the ELR, at the North American International Auto Show last year. The vehicle was originally introduced as the Cadillac Converj concept back in 2009 but has grown into the production stages and arrived here in our stores at the beginning of January. The vehicle is equpped with a lithium ion battery which gives the vehicle a range of about 35 miles and top speeds of 100mph. Isn’t it beautiful?
Our luxury models don’t currently offer and hybrid or electric models but we did just get word that Bentley will introduce the first ever plug in hybrid concept at this years 2014 Beijing Motor Show. We can’t wait to see if this concept makes it to production.