Dear Morrie’s Friends & Family,
The health and safety of our employees and community is our highest priority. We are closely monitoring the guidance of the World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
Morrie’s Auto Group is actively implementing enhanced protocols to ensure we meet customer needs while doing our part to keep you, our employees, and our communities safe.
In addition to our standard health and safety practices, we have implemented enhanced precautions, including:
- Increasing the frequency and rigor of cleaning and sanitization in all of ourshowrooms, offices, vehicles, and service centers
- Instituting a “Be Smart, Do Your Part” initiative that includes store prevention packages, gloves for technicians, a daily “Prevention Pause” break to disinfect work stations, door handles, customer lounges, coffee/water stations, etc.
- Establishing a process for reporting signs, symptoms, and diagnoses so that we can respond quickly and efficiently
- Ensuring the well being of our employees through prevention education, early detection of symptoms, encouraging them to stay home when ill, and reinforcing best practices with both direct communication and printed signage
- Offering flexibility with our PTO policy to ensure that all employees are able to stay home if they are feeling ill without sacrificing their livelihood.
- Limiting non-essential travel and events
Please know that all of us at Morrie’s Auto Group put the health and happiness of our employees, families, and customers above all else. We offer our deepest sympathies to anyone who has already been affected, and will continue to follow the WHO and the CDC’s recommendations as things progress. According to the most recent information from the CDC, the risk remains low for most Minnesotans. Our facilities remain open for business, and we are ready to serve you at our stores and online at morries.com.
Thank you for being a part of the Morrie’s family,
CEO, Morrie’s Auto Group