It’s that time of year again, folks.
The holiday season is upon us once again, and that means gifts. Fresh out of ideas? Worry not – we’ve got you covered.
Cinema Driver Movie Car Prints
Cinema Driver by Mainger is a ridiculously cool series of prints featuring the cars, bikes, vans, motorcycles and other forms of transportation that famous cinematic characters were known for. Perfect for the automotive movie buff!
Despite what your father-in-law tells you every time he’s over and there’s something broken in your house, not every guy carries a full set of tools around at all times – but with this handy set of key tools, there’s no need to! These heat-treated, blackened steel keys will help you rub it in his smug face the next time he calls you “unprepared”.
GuardsRed Design Watches
Be careful if you purchase one of these GuardsRed Design Watches for a friend or loved one – they have a tendency to give passerby whiplash with their eye-catching design and meticulous craftsmanship. Personal injury lawsuits are nothing to sniff at..
Leather Works Minnesota
Purveyor of fine, handcrafted, leather goods Leather Works Minnesota is more than just a local company – they’re the vendor of choice for our leather needs. Wallets, belts, travel accessories and much, much more are lovingly crafted by this Saint Paul-based establishment. It’s worth noting that due to their huge popularity and the fact that everything is made by hand, they recommend you allow 2 weeks for shipping during the holiday season.
Triumph Street Twin – 900cc
For those who can’t get enough classic styling, but perhaps prefer modern reliability. The 2016 Triumph Street Twin replaces the existing base Bonneville model, with the welcome addition of an upgraded 900cc eight-valve, high torque motor. Updated from the ground up, this Bonnie gets a new chassis, new suspension, ride-by-wire throttle with traction control, slip assisted clutch, ABS, and LED lighting. Triumph were also so kind as to release a few custom ‘inspiration kits’ you can purchase as a package!
Liveried Egg Chairs
The perfect gift for the racing enthusiast in your life, these ‘egg chairs’ combine retro modern form with iconic styles to create functional automotive art. Using mid-century modern furniture as a canvas, Anthony Jannarelly and Benoit Fraylon create intricate designs that call back to the famous liveries of the legendary race cars of yesteryear.
Whether you’re giving a gift or simply indulging for yourself, these subscription boxes are sure to please. And the best part? You don’t have to leave your house to buy them. One of our favorites is DetailBox – every month you’ll receive 3 to 4 new sample products, which include polishes, waxes, tires polishes, etc. If you like the product they often have exclusive, member-only coupons for the full product! For the ladies in your life, we recommend Stitch Fix - clothing and accessories selected by a personal stylist and hand-delivered to her door.
Why water down your whiskey with ice? These stainless steel cubes (or balls, take your pick) will actually keep your drink colder than ice, for longer than ice – and they won’t dilute that heavenly flavor. If that’s not enough to sway you, they’re also completely non-porous, ensuring you’ll be able to use them over and over with no risk of cross-contamination.
BIR Track Day
Tired of watching races from the comfort of your couch? Want to hop in the drivers seat and take the bull by the horns? A BIR Track Day is an immersive racing experience unlike any other – and with the option to either track your personal car or take the wheel of a spec racer, there’s something for everyone!
Smartphone Garage Opener
This neat piece of tech from Chamberlain installs to your existing setup in minutes, and allows you to open and close your garage door from anywhere with your smartphone and a Wi-Fi connection! Never worry about having left your garage door open again – you can’t buy peace of mind like that.
Auto Floor Guard
Protect that sweet, sweet garage floor from salt, snow, and other other miscellaneous nastiness with Auto Floor Guard - mildew and rot resistant fabric that has been tested to -40 degrees. Available in multiple sizes, the fabric has a unique ultraviolet treatment that resists fading and material breakdown. The perfect gift for those who love to keep everything in their life immaculately clean and well-ordered.
911 Speedometer Cufflinks
What more can be said about these cufflinks that the title doesn’t say already? They look like the speedo from a freakin’ Porsche 911! For the air-cooled enthusiast in your life.
Morrie’s Teen Driving School
This comprehensive course gives young drivers the hands-on experience they need to avoid accidents. Through a combination of classroom activities and engaging, hands-on exercises, this program teaches young drivers skills they simply cannot obtain in traditional driver’s ed programs. Each student is paired with a dedicated instructor who coaches them in his or her own car throughout the entire day. At the end of the program each student will have a vastly improved grasp of their car, vehicle dynamics, car control and lifesaving, proactive driving techniques.
Lego Creator Car Kits
The Great Sleeping Bear
Who among us hasn’t wished we could hibernate through the winter winter months, waking up as the last of the salt is cleared off the roads? With this hand-made bear sleeping bag by Dutch Artist Eiko Ishizawa, the idea seems a little less far-fetched! These individually numbered sleeping bags cost a mere $2,350 – a small price to pay for supreme comfort when the weather gets to be simply unBEARable (Yes, that pun happened. We regret nothing).
Happy Holidays, everyone!
Spring is a time for wonderful fresh smells, budding trees, flowers blooming, snow melting and deep cleaning. There is nothing better than being able to crack open the windows to let the cool spring smells replenish the stale winter air. Many people are inspired to do their spring cleaning with this season change, however we often neglect our vehicle as part of the spring cleaning process. The winter season can wreak havoc on our vehicles with all the snow, sand, salt and mud that gets tracked in and out.
General consensus shows that most people do not want to stand outside in the freezing winter months to vacuum out their vehicle. Car washes are always busiest on that first warm day of the season. You wait though, because there is nothing better than seeing your car free of the wintery mix of sand, salt and snow. Not everyone has access to commercial grade cleaning tools like we do here at Morrie’s, so we asked around for some tips and tricks people have learned over time on how to make cleaning your vehicle easy and convenient using everyday household items. Remember cleaning your vehicle may seem like a never ending chore, but it will help to protect the finish, prevent rust, and add to the resale value. A clean car is a happy car.
1. Using a toothpick and or cotton swab can help to remove dirt and grime from cup holders and around counsel shifters.
2. A cotton swab also works well to clean out heat vents.
3. Some people have air compressors at home. These can come in handy when cleaning your vehicle. You can use it to loosen up sand embedded deep down in the carpet for easy vacuuming. If you don’t have one, just use your hand in a flat motion to tap the carpet. You will see the sand popping up. Sprinkle some baby power on the carpet before vacuuming for a fresh smell.
4. Vinegar can be used to clean windows and chrome. Mix equal parts of white vinegar and water in to a spray bottle. Don’t forget the old trick using newspapers to wipe windows for that streak free shine. Vinegar can also be used for cleaning dashboards and steering columns.
5. Baking Soda can be used for cleaning tires. Add water to the baking soda to form a paste. Wet the tire and use a hard bristle brush to clean the tire with the baking soda. Let sit for a few minutes and rinse clean.
6. Use a brown paper bag or plastic sack from the grocery store to put excess garbage in. You can also use a few extra to put loose clothing in and one for things you need to take back in the house like, extra pens, travel mugs, change, ice scrapers, mail, sunglasses, etc.
7. To clean interior upholstery, pour a cup of baking soda into a bowl, and stir in white vinegar until a smooth paste is formed. Apply to the upholstery or carpet stain, and scrub in with a soft bristled brush. Let the paste dry, then vacuum to collect any baking soda residue. For tough and built-in stains, repeat this process as necessary.
8. For the exterior of your vehicle, add 10 drops of dishwashing liquid into a bucket, and then add warm water to form suds. The dishwashing liquid serves as a de-greasing agent to break up dirt and debris without leaving a greasy film behind.
We hope these tips come in handy when you decide to deep clean your vehicle this spring. And remember, you can also stop by any Morrie’s location for a car wash!