Posts tagged halloween costume
Halloween is right around the corner, so naturally we thought a Spooktacular party was in order! We invited Customers, Friends and Family out to the event – and what better location to host a Halloween party than the Morrie’s Heritage Car Connections warehouse? We dressed it up with spiderwebs, fog and a few other spooky surprises! Activities included Trunk or Treat, pumpkin tic-tac-toe, pin the spider to the web and pumpkin carving – with an automotive twist. Our talented graphic designers whipped up some MHCC-themed pumpkin templates along with a few beloved children’s characters like Baymax from Big Hero 6 and the Minions from Despicable Me, which were predictably a huge hit with the kids. Attendees weren’t the only ones who dressed up, either; a few of our cars had costumes of their own! The orange Volkswagen Thing made a great Jack-O-Lantern, and the Firebird, Land Cruiser, Bronco and Mustang all got makeovers to look like they stepped out of Pixar’s classic, Cars!
We had a fantastic time hosting and would like to extend a huge thanks to everyone that came out and made the event such a success – we hope everyone had a blast! Happy Halloween!
1. DeLorean “Back to the Future” Car – Back to the Future is in full swing this year with an almost perfectly timed Halloween costume idea. In the movies when Marty McFly travels to the “future” the time travel clock in the DeLorean shows Oct. 21st 2015 at 4:30 pm. This makes for a classic costume idea, not to mention showing your Back to the Future knowledge.
2. Bumper Cars – How much fun does it look like these two skiers are having dressed up as bumper cars? We might not have the snow for all of this nonsense this year but it would still be a blast to buddy up with your bestie for a bumper car costume pairing.
3. Road Cone – What we be better than going out to a costume party and clogging up an entire sidewalk while you and five of your closest friends are all road cones. You’re nice and safe if you happen to be in a populated area because of the neon orange, and also you can dress warm which is always great for Halloween.
4. Stoplight – Maybe you’re not the creative type? Maybe you got invited to a party last minute? Well the stoplight is a easy to make and quick solution to all of your problems. Stop by a fabric store and throw on a black sweatshirt with a couple of circle patches and you’re good to go. You can even do what this guy did and combine the road cone costume for bonus points.
5. Car Costumes – So maybe you want to arrive in style to that party you are heading to? Well if you have a Miata or basically any car with a grille, you can add some teeth. Also for major bonus points, turn your car into a pumpkin and be the hit of the party.
If you have other ideas, makes sure to let us know!